Exercise and weight loss
There are many ways to lose weight:
- and yes , you can lose some by exercise
Weight loss with exercise difficult
For example, we burn more calories:
- when we sleep than when we’re awake
- when standing than when sitting
- when playing racket ball than when walking
Confusion over weight loss
Advantages of exercise
The muscular figure weighs the same but has a lower body fat percentage. What exercise does is not reduce our weight but instead give us more muscle and hence a lower body fat percentage. You don’t lose weight, you just change what is being weighed!
- Improves our heart function
- Decreases our cholesterol
- Improves our brain function
- Improves our longevity
- Enhances our circulation
So, exercise is obviously VERY good for you. It’s just not a great way to lose weight.
Just eat less if that is your goal. See my posts about how to eat!