Your health and well being are our number one priority at Tavallali Plastic Surgery LLC. Making you look and feel great is second!
As we restart elective cosmetic surgery, we wanted you to know about our COVID-19 policies and procedures. These changes are mandated by law, surgical society recommendations and common sense. They are necessary for your health and protection as well as that of the staff that will be caring for you during and after your surgery.
For information and frequently asked questions about COVID-19 see the lower half of the page of the link provided below.
- You must let us know a week before your office visit/surgery date if you have (or have had) any of the following:
- Fever over 100.5
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Muscle aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Close contact with someone who has or may have known COVID-19 diagnosis
We will determine if you are at risk for having COVID-19 based on your responses and may send you for a PCR test to diagnose the viral infection or to see your primary care doctor.
There are currently two tests being performed: a fast test (reply within hours) costing about $230 and a slower test (reply in 4-7 days) costing about $190. Your health insurance will cover the cost of these tests.
If you test positive, your surgery will be delayed by a minimum of 3 weeks until you have a negative test result.
Antibody testing, to see if you have already been exposed, is not recommended at this time due to testing inaccuracies.
If you are a high risk patient, the hospital may be delaying your surgery for the time being. High risk patients are those with:
- High blood pressure
- Chronic lung conditions
- Heart disease
- Close contact with someone who has COVID 19.
2. You must come to the office and surgery center/hospital with a face mask and gloves (if you have gloves). Up to 25% of people infected with COVID-19 have no symptoms. Wearing a mask will protect other patients and staff from possible contamination by you. If you do not have a mask we will ask you to leave and return with a mask.
Your temperature will be taken upon entry to the office and if you have a fever, or other symptoms above, you will be asked to leave and see your primary care physician first.
3. We ask you to come at your appointed time to decrease the chance of you being in the office with other patients. Please call us from your car so we can let you know when things are ready for you to come up. We are not using our waiting room.
Also, please limit the number of people visiting with you to one person, if any.
4. We have resumed our elective surgery in-office procedures performed under local anesthesia. Staff are trained to minimize cross-contamination and are wearing gloves and masks when patients are in the office. We continually sterilize surfaces/drapes and instruments.
5. Lastly, you can also visit us virtually and avoid an in-office visit for routine follow ups whenever appropriate. Please call to arrange a telemedicine virtual appointment.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us at 703-876-9400. We are looking forward to seeing you soon and keeping you healthy and looking great.
The Team at Tavallali Plastic Surgery LLC