How to minimize swelling after cosmetic plastic surgery
In the previous post I wrote about how swelling occurs after any cosmetic surgery and the differences between swelling inside the cells, intracellular swelling, and swelling outside the cells, extracellular swelling.
Decreasing or at least controlling post-operative swelling is very important in any plastic surgery procedure, and there are a number of ways to achieve this, especially after liposuction:
- Elevate affectedareas. Less fluid in = less swelling = less pain.
- Apply ice to cool the injured areas and decrease blood flow so less fluid exits the vessels and gets into the tissues.
- Take steroids, which will reduce swelling in some situations but may cause other problems.
- Take Arnica montana, which may reduce swelling after some surgeries.
- Compress the area so less fluid enters the injured tissues…