Full face lift is best option for some
In this age of mini procedures and little nips and tucks it is easy to forget that there is still a place for real plastic surgery in facial improvement. Some cosmetic patients do need to have more than filler injections, a little Botox or a mini facelift.
- a cheek lift with excision of skin and tightening of the underlying muscles; incisions are in the hairline above the ears
- a jowl lift with removal of skin and lifting of the fat pads; incisions are inside the ears
- a neck lift with removal of skin and tightening of the platysma muscles in the neck; incisions are behind the ears and under the chin
- nerve damage – very rare
- thick or wide scars – depends on your skin
I perform my full face lift / rhytidectomy as an outpatient procedure in the office under local anesthesia. If patients wish, surgery can be performed in an ambulatory surgery center. Surgery takes about three hours and my cosmetic patients go home with someone around to help for the first night. There is little pain with this surgery. I do use a drain in the neck area, which is removed in 24-48 hours.
- two weeks before you can be seen by your friends
- three weeks before your acquaintances can see you
- five weeks before you present yourself in front of your enemies and have them become jealous!
Full healing from a rhytidectomy takes a good six months; but then again, this cosmetic surgery lasts 7-10 years! It is the rare plastic surgery patient who has two full facelifts done in a lifetime. Look at the results for yourself. A full face lift / rhytidectomy is worth it!