Meet Dr. Tavallali
Dr. Tavallali is one of the Washington, D.C. area’s most experienced cosmetic plastic surgeons. He completed his undergraduate work at Georgetown University, after which he obtained a Masters Degree in Physiology and Biophysics before entering Medical School.
Dr. Tavallali graduated with Honors from Georgetown University School of Medicine in 1985, and trained as a General Surgeon at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City. He completed his Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Baylor College of Medicine at the Texas Medical Center in Houston. Dr. Tavallali also completed a year of advanced fellowship as a cosmetic plastic surgeon in Europe prior to establishing his practice in the Washington, D.C. area.
Dr. Tavallali is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He is a member of notable national and international societies and the author of several articles published in leading scientific journals, and has been featured in national newspapers and television programs as a cosmetic plastic surgeon.
Dr. Tavallali has designed his plastic surgery practice to provide patients not only with skillful surgical results but also with a plastic surgery experience of the highest quality. He will take care of you so that everything goes smoothly, every step of the way.Dr. Tavallali will help you reach the right plastic surgery decision by answering your questions, exploring your options, and explaining the procedures involved.
- Former President, National Capital Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Fellow of The American College of Surgeons
- Member, American Society Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Member, Old Etonian Medical Society
- Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, 1995 and re-certified 2005 and 2015
- Chonburi Refugee Camp, Thailand – General Medical Mission
- Chetumal Hospital, Mexico – Plastic Surgery Mission
- Private Practice in Aesthetic Plastic Surgery with a focus on Cosmetic Procedures, 1993- PRESENT
- Member of the Replantation and Microsurgery team, Fairfax Hospital, Virginia, 1993- 2000
- Member of the medical Staff of Inova Fairfax Hospital, Falls Church, Virginia
- District of Columbia
- Voted “Top surgeons in America”
- America’s Best Physicians
- Real Self Top Doctor
- Winner Patient’s choice Awards
- Winner of Compassionate doctor Recognition Award – Vitals.com
- Voted Top Plastic Surgeon – Northern Virginia Magazine
Medical: Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, D.C., Doctor of Medicine 5/1985, High Honors
Graduate: Georgetown University, Washington, D.C., Master of Science, Physiology 8/1981
College: Georgetown University, Washington, D.C., Bachelor of Science, Biology 5/1980
High School: Eton College, Windsor, England, Oxbridge Advanced Level Certificates 5/1976
- Visiting Fellow in Plastic Surgery; Belgium, England 7/92 – 6/93
- Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas: Chief Resident in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 7/91 – 6/92
- Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas: Resident in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 7/90 – 6/91
- Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, New York: Chief Resident in General Surgery 7/89 – 6/90
- Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, New York: Intern and Resident in General Surgery 7/85 – 6/89
- Alpha – Omega – Alpha, Medical Honor Society, 1985
- Recipient of Sandoz Company Award for Research, 1985
- Recipient of Bhussry Memorial Scholarship, Georgetown University, 1982
- Sigma xi Scientific Research Society, 1980
Barrows, E., Tavallali, M. and DeFilipo, J. Survey of Urban Entomological Knowledge, In, Urban Entomology, ed. G.W. Frankie, Praeger Press, l983.
Tavallali, M., Sarvey, C., and Gale, K. Influence of Convulsant and Anticonvulsant agents on GABA synthesis in brain slices. Proceedings of the 15th Epilepsy International symposium, l983. Tavallali, M., The Eye of Horus—The medical legacy of an Egyptian god. Surgical Rounds, December l988.
Tavallali, M., et al. Synovial Sarcoma – Review of literature and case report. Annals of Otoloarngology, July l988. Steichen, F., Camacho, M., Tavallali, M., and Rothenberg, E., Everted stapled closure of the bronchus in pulmonary lobectomies. Motion Picture presented at the American College of Surgeons, October l989. Tavallali, M., Spira, M., Review of ten years of plastic surgical research presentations. Presented at the Senior Residence Conference, Montreal, Canada, May, 1990.
Kroll S.S., Tavallali, M., Castello-Sendra J., Pollock, R.E. Risk of dissemination of cancer to flap donor sited during immediate reconstructive surgery. Ann Plast Surg, l994.